Boeing P-8A Poseidon
The P8-A Poseidon is a multi-mission platform designed for the U.S. Navy's patrol and reconnaissance forces. This long-range, anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and anti-surface warfare (ASuW), intelligence surveillance (ELINT) aircraft was designed with a sophisticated suite of next generation sensing and communication assets, and a fully connected, state-of-the-art open architecture mission system. The P-8A design expands from Boeing's 737-800 and 737-900 platforms and incorporates the technical advances and military specifications essential to today's security standards.
Features and Capabilities
- Operational Flight Trainer (OFT) flight deck simulation including 2 crew positions, an instructor position and two observer positions
- Weapons Tactics Trainer (WTT) simulation including 6 Mission Crew Workstation (MCW) crew positions and 6 instructor/role players
- Full-fidelity, stereo audio distribution of sonar audio, and realistic simulation of configurable stereo communications, at all positions in the WTT
- OFT and WTT independent and coupled-mode support NASMP/HLA and Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) support for networked operations
- Simulated full-fidelity radio effects, including propagation effects due to terrain, HF propagation, SATCOM coverage, and delay modeling
- Scenario-appropriate radio chatter simulation
- Instructor role player capability including voice disguised radio transmissions, text-to-speech (TTS) generated radio transmissions, etc.
- Full-up simulation of Mission Crew Workstation (MCW) crew communications assets, including mission audio panel (MAP) with simulated security interlock functionality, record/playback, etc.
- Navy IA requirements
- Environmental cue simulation for the WTT